Tuesday, November 22, 2011

9. Someone you wish you could meet



Dear SIWICM,

Frankly, my list of ‘Someone I wish I could meet’ is long. Yep, it’s really long that it could be evident from the fact that I’m inspired by many people in different fields. Call yourself lucky or even be proud to feature in my list, which of course, is the reason for this letter being addressed to you. However, I’d like to put up this point that you’re not on top of the list, certainly not. No offense. Credibly, this letter should have been addressed to the one(s) topping the list, but it was only you who struck my mind the moment I wanted to write this letter.

I haven’t seen or heard from you for ages. Well, apparently, it shouldn’t be the case for the people who were the-best-friends. Hmm, we were; guess you too remember that. You know what, I still cherish the days I spent with you, the inexplicable fun we had, the places we explored (do you remember our adventure ride to the forbidden palace next to the railway station? I still laugh at the fact how fearful you were that you made us run back like hell just as we were about to enter it).

Man, how good we were as the-best-friends! Ever wondered why do things go wrong when everything seem to be so perfect? We too were all but perfect for each other, giving the necessary support when the other was in need, sharing almost everything - the happiness and the sadness, sacrificing anything just for the sake of other’s wellbeing. But why did we end up like this? I know I was responsible for whatever we are now; I was the one who gave you the cold shoulder. I was lame then, you see.

I still miss those gifts that you gave me when we were together. I shouldn’t have returned those to you the other day – the day when I wanted to break up with you. I curse myself for that act of mine. I can feel now how bad you’d have felt at that moment. By all means, I should have at least listened to your words of having them with me even if I choose not to talk to you ever again. But if I were sane enough to listen to your words, I wouldn’t have broken up with you in the first place.

Whatsoever, nothing is going to change apart from the fact that we could patch up at least now. Better late than never, we’ve been taught in school, after all. J

Do reply or give me a call, if you’re interested. And, BTW, send me those gifts if you’ve those with you yet.

P.S: I’d definitely have posted this letter to you, if I had your address with me. Trust me.

Yours (wanna-be) friendly,
Suresh R
+91 - 9952965990

In case you're wondering what this is about: 30 Letters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This