Saturday, November 12, 2011

Life is...


“Life is …” – That’s the most used starter of a phrase by anyone who, well, invariably thinks about ‘The Life’. Everyone would have had different words added up to it, at different times, which obviously was influenced by their stand on life back then. Apparently, I too had multiple phrases that start with ‘Life is , and moreover, had heard/read many versions from different people so far. Wanna know the latest? It’s “Life is a bitch when the only woman you can think of belongs to someone else.” – By Chetan Bhagat in his book, Revolution 2020.

Most of them that you happen to hear/read might seem to be funny, crazy, nutty, and top of all, a cliché. Most of us, from our perspective, laugh it off. Yeah, we do, unless we’re at a stage in life where we’re almost on their shoes. It’s the life, after all. But what we fail to do is to think what made them to define life as such. Maybe, we’re too lazy or too comfortable in life to think from their shoes. Say, someone had scribbled ‘Life is so miserable’ in the wall of a subway, and unavoidably, our eyes happen to glint at it as we walk by it. The immediate thought that would strike our mind is to picture that someone as a real LOSER. We’ve no idea of why he had seen life as ‘so miserable’. Of course, life wouldn’t have been so miserable for him right from his birth. Maybe his past few days, few months, or say, few years had been miserable for him. Or maybe, the truth is, his mind had seen life that way. And that doesn’t mean he is a LOSER.


Okay, what am I going to ramble here? It’s about what life is. It’s as simple as this, LIFE IS NOT SO COOL. That’s what I feel about life, right now. If you’d got what I wanted to clear up in the last two paragraphs, then you’d no longer think me as a loser or as a crazy head. Look, it might sound as a cliché, like I’d mentioned earlier, but the fact is ‘Life Is Not So Cool’. Trust me. Or you’d feel yourself only if you’re so gloomed by the so-called boredom.

I haven’t had much of a work at office for the last couple of months. It was the winding up phase of the project that I worked on. Going by that point, it’s kind of normal to be less occupied at work, and I’m very well aware of it. But the problems were – one, it wasn’t coming. The news came out of the blue. (I don’t want to get into it here as it’s an official, internal, and confidential matter, you see!) And two, it – I mean my release from the project - could have happened several weeks before. So these things along with the almost-no-work fact screwed me for the past few months. I’m not a guy who likes to sit and enjoy the ‘no work at office’ phase. I always want to be engaged in work at office, even if it takes whatever time in my 24-hours day. So it was no wonder why I felt life as not so cool.

In a way, the boring time was a blessing in disguise; it was the reason I was so ACTIVE in my blog for the past few months. (And moreover, it was why ‘A story’ was born!) Finally, the much awaited release happened on the fourth of November, and ta-da, I’m on bench now (not literally though. It was just a word coined by anonymous). Literally, it’s a very bad phase (at least for me) as it means no-work-and-so-just-be-idle-apart-from-searching-for-a-new-project. I’ve been suffering the effect of this for the past one week. I’m bored like hell. Although, it’s not like I’m looking for a project to get into. I’m almost into one already except it’s not official; when it’s not official, technically, my doors aren’t closed yet. And hence, I’m still in a ‘NO WORK’ phase.

To add fuel to the fire, the internet at my home has gone haywire since last Monday. We had, as usual, blamed it on BSNL for the situation. It’s BSNL, and so it’s obvious, we thought until today morning. Unfortunately, it wasn’t the case this time. We should blame it on our neighbor, wait, I should correct the term, and it should be our STUPID neighbor. We found that our phone line was actually CUT by our neighbor, and that was the reason for our situation. Worse, the reason we heard for their act. The wire that was hanging along their wall wasn’t looking good. Yeah, believe it or not, that was the reason given to the lineman who went up to their place to check the connection. Why do people behave like this? Why do they get out of their minds, often? When we fight for a change in the system in our country across various things, what we basically forget is the fact that we people should change for good, first.

So blame it on our neighbor (and surprisingly, not BSNL) for my inactivity on this blog-o-sphere for the past few days. Uh-huh, I’m lucky to find an excuse. All in all, I was bored at office, and equally, at home. Meanwhile, amidst these troubles, I found that I can live without checking my mails, without Facebook-ing, without blogging, and even without checking the blogs that I stalk, but certainly not without Twitter. Yeah, I badly missed it, missed checking the tweets of the people I follow. (I was worried on missing the latest updates from Selvaraghavan on #Mayakkamenna release.J) The first thing I did after the internet connection was fixed was to login to Twitter and check my timeline, the tweets I had missed.

Having said that, before I wind up the post, I’d like to quote the height of boredom I’m presently at – “I paid a visit to a couple of temples, this evening, just to get rid of the boredom and nothing else.” And I’d like to repeat, “Life is NOT so COOL.” Gotcha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This