Monday, August 22, 2011

Anna Zoological Park, Vandalur.


It wasn't the first time I went a Zoological Park. I had been to quite a few zoological parks in the past years. I always loved to see the zoological-beings whenever I get a chance. I didn't fail to visit Nandankanan Zoological Park in Bhubaneswar, Orissa during my training there in Oct 2008 or Sri Chamarajendra Zoological Gardens during my trip to Mysore last December. But a visit to Anna Zoological Park in Vandalur had only been a dream all these days.

I have been in Chennai for the past 7 years, and had innumerable nothing-to-do days. But a visit to Vandalur Zoo remained a dream to me. No matter, how hard I wanted to visit the place. Not that I was too busy to go. If I say so, that would be a refutable excuse I have to make. In fact, all these years in Chennai, I have planned several times only to end up procrastinating it. Sometimes, when the plan with my friends gets bumbled, I planned alone for the next time. How funny is it? Plan with my friends failed, still I planned to execute it alone. Funny, really, it is.

Whatsoever, today I was determined to go to the Zoo at any cost. Lucky, I got my friend Gowrish to accompany me. So, all in all, my wait all these years ended today on a happy note. Here are the few pics that I clicked....
The king taking rest

The Queen 'sighting' the king
The busy beer, busy digging.
The big Hippo ji

Giraffe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This