Thursday, October 20, 2011

8. Your favorite internet friend



Hi,

Until now, this letter was meant to be written to a person who, in a large schema of things, was the only internet friend I had. The world is not the same, they say. That’s true. Things change, and drastically we, people, too change. Eventually, we (I and that friend) were also doomed to change and haven’t been in touch for almost 2 years now. This letter would've made us to catch up those missed times if I had stuck to my idea of writing to him. Frankly, when I took up this 30-letters tag challenge (Wondering what it is? Please check my blog. You should follow it, I say), I had no idea that I would I write to you.
Few minutes back I found that you had blocked me from following you in Twitter. Damn, I couldn’t believe it. Why the hell did you do that? Is it because of my reply to your tweet? Oh, come on! Don’t say that, that’s lame. I don’t see any harm in my reply. In fact, it was for fun.
It’s you who had asked for suggestions for the 100th post in your blog. Ah, the blog, I have to say about it. Looking back, it all started with your blog. It was the reason for this ramble-letter. The blog, it’s awesome, apart from the fact that it eats a bit (read: big) chunk of my time to load. Your writing, it’s inspiring. I mean it. In fact, it made me to follow you in Twitter. (I wouldn’t have, had I known I’d be blocked in few days’ time.)
Okay, let me ask, why did you approve my follow request in the first place? You weren’t aware of me by then. It was because of your approval, I was in your followers list and because of that, I got your tweet about your 100th post in my timeline, and because of that, I had to reply to it. Well, unarguably, I shouldn’t have replied to that given I wasn’t a friend of you yet. You know, we are not sane always. I wasn’t then.
Anyway, a suggestion is a suggestion, and you shouldn’t blame someone for it. The one who asked should be sane enough to ignore the suggestion, if found useless, and not to ignore the one who rambled it. Moreover, I just wonder if it was my actual suggestion or my reply to your response to my suggestion that made you to block me. Whatever, it seems a little funny, and more offensive and hostile.
Weird, as it may sound, I was wondering for the past couple of days about you not listed in my ‘Following’ list, and was thinking if it was my mistake to ‘Unfollow’ you inadvertently. Heck, today when I finally made up my mind and clicked on the ‘Follow’ button again, a message peeped to alert me that I was blocked. Damn frustrated, I was. And that’s the reason for this letter!

P.V. 1: I know this letter is meant for my favorite internet friend. For me, you’re an unknown friend, and because of you being the first to block me anywhere, you drastically became my favorite too. :)
P.V. 2: Though this letter is a work of frustration, I never meant to hurt you, but if I did, my sincere apologies.
P.V. 3: I wrote this letter a couple of days ago, but decided to post it only today.
P.V. 4: I post this letter with as much hesitation as I had when I replied to your tweet the other day.
P.V. 5: If this letter makes you to unblock me, don’t you dare to block me ever again. :)
P.V. 6: Oops, I have misspelled P.S. as P.V.

Yours friendly,
Suresh R

In case you're bumping me off over what this is about: 30 Letters

6 comments:

  1. :D wow, the things people do.
    You know something? You're special to me too:) Why? You're the only person I have ever blocked. Like ever.

    The thing is, I'm not as chipper a person as I try to be. I have a moody, dark side but i'm sure people don't want anymore darkness in this world, hence I try my best to be chipper, open and upbeat even on days when all I want to do is rip somebody's nails off with pliers. It's when people choose to be catty to my efforts to be nice and chatty THEN, that I get annoyed. Mostly, I tend to ignore it. But the way you tried to dampen my enthusiasm for my 100th post got to me. Then I checked your timeline and found that YOU had the audacity to harp about MY sarcasm. And the
    rest, you might say, is history. And just to be clear, the blocking WAS hostile but I didn't think it'd matter to you.
    I do NOT deal well with sarcasm which is not in good humor. Direct criticism is fine. Not sarcasm.

    Thank you for saying nice things about my blog, even in the situation, it means something. And for having the patience to let it load.

    P.V. (whoops) P.S: The first paragraph has me confused. I'm so sorry if I'm a jackass for having forgotten but have we known each other for two years now?
    P.P.S: Do consider taking off word verification for comments. It's a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, to make it clear, I didn't intend to dampen your enthusiasm. Oh, why would I do that?

    And I really meant what I suggested. I thought you'd do a good post on that, seriously. To be honest, I've been thinking about that topic for quite sometime now.

    I feel sorry if that had, what u said, dampened your enthusiasm. And furthermore, I thought being sarcastic is the best way to respond to a sarcastic reply [by you].

    I never criticize people, specially who are not well known to me, let alone hit them with my sarcasm.

    In first para, by 'we' I referred my friend to whom I wanted to write this letter. Was it confusing? Guess, I have to edit it then.

    P.S: Sorry if I had dampened your spirit, that wasn't my intention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I've removed the word verification for comments. Thanks for bringing it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. why would someone take blocking so seriously? i wonder :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG. You wrote a whole post about being blocked.
    Haha. That seriously?

    I havent been blocked ever though I have blocked people. I wish people I block posts for me too XD.

    Oh btw welcome me to your blog. Because I ll be here often.

    ReplyDelete

Share This