Monday, October 10, 2011

6. A stranger

6

Oye straaaaangerrr,

How…… Hey, hold on, let me first check if my parents are nearby. Good, they are not anywhere near me. Sorry for that. It’s just that I have been told right from my younger days that I shouldn’t talk to any strangers, let alone write to them. They are bad, it seems. THAT’S A GENERALIZATION, and not pointed at you, I swear. So, you don’t have to feel bad or be mad at me or, for the matter of fact, at my parents. It’s not only them, but all parents do. You better ask yours’ too.

By the way, why do people say that? Isn’t that gross? It’s a pity you’re blamed. Not all strangers are bad, I know. Poor parents, they don’t. Or they do, yet they want to be careful of those bad versions (persons) of you people. I hope that might well have explained my stand.

So, how do you do? You’re doing well, I assume. With that, I want to ask you one thing – What will you do when people, in the sense the parents, act bad to you at your face? I know it hurts. So, how do you soothe yourself? Is there a way that the parents could play it safe? Because, you know, I too will, when I become a dad, put the tag ‘Beware of Strangers’ before my children’s eyes. But I don’t want it to hurt you in any way. So try to answer me.

Since you’re a stranger, I’m not going to share my identity with you. I can imagine your laugh. It’s my age, right? Okay, listen, I know I’m at a stage in life where I shouldn’t be afraid of a stranger. But I’m a kid by heart, and hence, safety first, your hurt next. If you feel you have to answer my question, you yourself find a way, and try to reach me.

Bye.

- a stranger.

In case you're bumping me off over what this is about: 30 Letters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This