Saturday, October 8, 2011

1. Your Best Friend




Hey buddy,

I'm all but sure you would have wondered on seeing this letter. Okay, before you get into any idea, listen, I'm not an idiot or something (that you might already be aware of; you are my best friend, after all) to write a letter to a guy with whom I spend several hours chatting over mobile every day. Blame it on this challenge of 30 letters. Still wondering what it is? You better check my blog!

I don’t want to say anything good about you here, like how supportive you were to me in my tough times, for everything you did to me, and blah-blah-blah, because I’m going to use this space to curse you for all the bad I did because of you. Idiot, you were the one responsible for making people call me a drunkard. Idiot, you were responsible for making me stand in those queues, with those lunatic old-heads, for hours to watch some crap films that ran for hours less than our waiting time.

I still wonder why you chased me down, on our first semester, like hell to get that book from me. I have never ran like that before – or nor have I ran it since. Thinking of that, my legs ache still. We should have used this as a trick, and ran in some athletics meet, dude. We, for sure, would have stood in podiums. And we, well, in that regard, might have done some good to our college. What say?

I’m tired, so I’ll end here. Now you don’t have to dignify my ramblings with a response, because it’s not worth it, you see.

A reminder note: As promised, call me tonight at 11:55 P.M. else, you might not get my call at midnight to wish you for your birthday!

Yours best-friendly,
         Suresh R
In case you're bumping me off over what this is about: 30 Letters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This