Saturday, October 8, 2011

3. Your parents


Dear Mom and Dad,

I’m fine. How‘re you? Hope you’re doing well, as always. Now don’t get into any awestruck wonder on seeing this letter. This is just a challenge your son had put himself in for next ten or fifteen days. Ah, nope, not a challenge that would strain my body, I swear. So don’t get tensed. It’s just about my mind – to write a letter to thirty people, and of course, you [together] are one among them.

As I started this letter, I wondered what I should write about, either some usual ‘thanks for everything’ or some ‘unconfessed confession’ rambles. Then I contemplated for few seconds only to end up winnowing out both. As a son, I am nothing short of obvious to thank you both for everything. So why bother to mention it here. And confessions, it’s too early to talk about it, I think. (Secrets have to be secrets, at least for a long while, right?)

What else? Okay, Dad, I have to say you something that I can’t do in person. I, for the better, will use this letter. Comparatively, it’s Mom who had spent most of the time with me, and frankly, sometimes I yearned for you to be with me when you weren’t anywhere near me actually. But now that your son has grown up, and understood the conception of being a father, I can understand your stand then. If it hasn’t been for you, we, our family, wouldn’t have been what we’re now. I won’t thank you for that; I’ll just take it as a lesson for my future.

Mom, you’re the best. I know how much you’ve given to your kids. And having known you for all these years, I know there was nothing left for you to have given us more.

You both were born poor, grown poor, but you‘ve never let your kids experience it. As a kid, I remember being upset sometimes for not getting what I wanted then. I might have shown it to your face. I was a kid, after all. Anyway, my sincere apologies to you guys.

You both have shown me what’s good and what’s bad, and the importance of being good. I always try to be good, but still if you ever hear something bad about me, never blame yourselves for that. I can’t take that, seriously. It’s me who should be ashamed and blamed, no matter what.

I wish I teach you the N, E, and T of the net, and make you read this letter [and my blog, of course]!


-       Yours loving son.

In case you're bumping me off over what this is about: 30 Letters


1 comment:

  1. ur wish came true thoug u didnt strain urself teachin N-E-T...U r Lucky tat am @ home..read ur letter to mom and dad.they felt happy..they said their bleesings r with u always..

    ReplyDelete

Share This