Tuesday, October 11, 2011

7. Your Ex-girlfriend

7

Hey,

How are you? I’m sure you aren’t fine, because I’m not with you. Even if you try to cheat me with your pretention of being fine, then that’s fine; my prayers are always with you, after all. Nah, that’s a lie. My prayers aren’t with you, will never be. And “you’re being fine” is not at all okay for me. How can you be fine after doing the ‘break up’ with me? By fair means, it’s not possible.

The day you dumped me, I decided not to give a damn about you, not to take you seriously anymore, and not to worry every-damn-thing about you. But I failed for you never got out of my mind. No matter how hard I tried, the traces of you always remained, in bits and pieces, in me. Though I haven’t heard from you (or from others) about you and your whereabouts in over 3 years, today, I dreamt of you doing extremely well with your life. And at that instant, I had this urge to let you know that I’m doing well too, in fact, a lot better than ‘doing well’. And well, that’s the reason for writing you this letter.

You know what; I should thank you for breaking up with me. It proved me that I deserve someone better, better than an insensitive person like you. If it wasn’t for you and your decision, I couldn’t have got the chance to live with the loveliest girl I ever met in my life. Yeah, I’m into a relationship now, only this time it’s with a sane and trustworthy person.

At all the times you were with me, I didn’t know you’re a fool, and you’re a loser, not even when you left me weeping. But my girl, the loveliest, often mentions that you’re a fool to leave me, and that you’re a loser. Now I get that, you loser. Go to HELL.

P.S.: The only thing I can’t digest is you dumped me when you fell in love with a rich man. Never mind, my prayers are with you, always. Yeah, trust me, that’s not a lie. You have given me some of the best memories of my life (that happened when you were SANE). Hence, with my prayers, you’ll always do well, of course, with your rich boyfriend (I say that because I do hope that you’re still with him). And don’t worry; you won’t go to hell and all. I’ll meet you in heaven.

Take care. 

- Suresh

In case you're bumping me off over what this is about: 30 Letters

2 comments:

  1. Do I detect bitterness? I'm glad you're over her though.

    And nice to see your take on it, I have done something similar:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, this letter is only a fiction. There is no real ex for me.

    And BTW, I too see some bitterness in the letter. Not bad though. :-) What do u say?

    ReplyDelete

Share This