Sunday, October 9, 2011

4. Your sibling

4

Dear Sisters,

This letter was supposed to be for my sibling (Do you guys read that? It’s singular!) Damn, how could I ignore one and write to the other? No way, I can’t. You might even think I should have written to you both separately (You bet, I know you guys!). But for your perusal, your bro is super busy that he hardly finds time to write two different letters for the very same reasonOkay, that was my way of being funny;  I’m not that busy, but still I just don’t want to separate you both, at least in that regard.

So I decided to address you both in this letter. Nah, don’t get too excited, and rip this letter apart with all your stupid fights like who is going to read it. No accusation, no praise, and more importantly, no confession. This is just a plain letter. So be cool, and one of you read and the other, just listen to it.

It’s been almost 11 or so years since we drifted away from home over our college studies, and all those years, unlike our previous bygone years, we were all but peaceful (forget about our times together at home during some festival/semester holidays). Peaceful, it really was. Our parents might have been happy, but I, certainly was not.

Apparently, I missed those fights and quarrels we had over a packet of biscuit, over the channels we had to watch in T.V., over the preparation for the exams (and, not to mention, the results), and whatnot. I missed the fun of beating you both, and the fun of getting beaten up sometimes. Hmm, well, Mom would have had some tough times then, but seriously, it was fun for me. Every time I beat you guys up, and then when you cry, she had to rush all her way from the kitchen, with whatever she had to get in her hand, to chase me down.

Ah, thinking of it, it was hilarious, wasn’t it? Or maybe not for you guys for you were in the suffering side – the weeping side. Uh-huh, my bad. I’m sorry if that had hurt you. But that was fun for me, after all. Now that we are a grownup, and in a while, we all will be drifting apart in our own ways into our own families (I guess you understand what I mean, don’t you?), I will miss that fun forever. So, if you ever feel that you shouldn’t disappoint your lovely bro, you’re most welcome to my place, anytime, to get some from me! And that’s the whole point of this letter.

Bye for now.

- Yours lovely bro.

In case you're bumping me off over what this is about: 30 Letters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This