Monday, October 10, 2011

5. Your dreams

5

Hello my dreams,

Are you aware of Aldous Huxley, and his saying about you (not ‘my’ you, but ‘a general’ you)? Even if you don’t, that’s not a big deal. I, myself, neither know who he is nor care to Google him. It’s just his words that I know – “Dream is a pragmatic way.” Pragmatic, so true.

I, first of all, want to thank you for being in me, for being the best in me, and for giving me the chance to visualize the impossible-yet-so-possible things of my life – the past, the present, and the future included. You come when I fall asleep (or when I‘m about to), and that’s fine, even if you had to disturb my sleep at times, or well, most of the times. But I just wonder why you had to come when I was in my class in my school and college, because I was sleeping then? Maybe yes. Those were boring lectures, you know.

Never mind, you are always like my special, what, a friend. You help me with the images that I couldn’t see for real. You show me how I and my life will be in future. You show me the effect of what I will have to do in future (and sadly, that doesn’t happen in most cases though). You give the immense happiness of achieving something that I actually can’t in reality. Thank you for all these, and others unspecified.

Back to being pragmatic, how pragmatic are you? I don’t think so you are, in the first place. Anyway, I don’t worry about it, but still I wish you are. Hence, going forward, irrespective of the time you come, just be as much pragmatic as possible. It will soothe me. And don’t expect me to remind you the same ever again as I’m not sure I would write to you again.

Now given the fact that you aren’t real, and by any means, have no chance of reading this letter, I stop here.

Take care, and be healthy. And, ah, be pragmatic!

- Suresh R, the copyrights owner of you.

In case you're bumping me off over what this is about: 30 Letters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This