Wednesday, September 14, 2011

10 days challenge - Day 8, 9 and 10



Well, the break - it happened almost unavoidably. When I started this meme, I made up my mind not to break the flow no matter what. Seven days, I held on to it. In those seven days, there were times when I was deeply pressed for time to do this meme, but somehow, thanks to me, I did do it.  Sadly, that wasn't the case for the past three days. Uh-huh, don't blame me for that; rather give it to the functions I had to attend (Damn, Marriage season again!!!). Nevertheless, here I'm with this post that would possibly palliate the break.

Three films: Being a movie buff, and being the one who has quite a few movies saved in his computer in a folder named 'ineluctable', choosing three is never going to be easy! But here goes my favorite three that might well get changed depending on the time of asking (except for the first).

1. Kadhal Kondein - A film that had its effect on me for so long. This film had shown me my favorite director, my favorite music director, and my favorite hero. Though looking at this film now, I would say it doesn't have the technical brilliance (at least, so as seen in the director's other movies that followed this) and the director's best either, but still I would rate this to be on top of my list for the impact it had on me (and many others) then.

2. Following - Christopher Nolan, a director I look up to inHollywood. This film is his masterpiece, I would say. Though many (including me) will say all his movies are top-class and rattling, I would still choose Following - his first feature film - over the others. It's just over an hour long, but an awesome thriller with an intriguing screenplay that gets you hooked into it completely. Watch it to experience the effect it leaves in you, nothing much.

3. 500 days of summer - An offbeat romantic movie with not exactly the romance but a substance. I love this movie specially for its screenplay and the way it’s presented.

Two Songs: Two is just too less when it comes to songs. There are at least a dozen that I couldn't stop listening to, that I have played an uncountable number of times, that I can't easily choose one over the other. While I thought nothing of the first (as being obvious), I had to think twice to pick the second among my other favorites.

1. Oru Nalil -Ping to this post to know more about this song, and why I like it. A post on a song will itself speak voluminous about my like for it. Yuvan Shankar Raja proves his mettle with this song. If the music takes the song to a high, the lyrics and Yuvan’s rendering takes it to the other world.

2. Iragai Pole – Yuvan’s musical, again. I’m not a musical prodigy to explain or review the song. Just listen to this song; it will travel down in you just like a feather dropped down – slow, yet beautiful.

One Picture:


That's the end of 10-days-challenge, which of course, came only in 11 days! Still, that's laudable (at least for my sake).

1 comment:

Share This