Tuesday, September 6, 2011

10 days challenge - Day Three


Day Three, it is. Hmm, it's good I have been sticking to this meme. It's too early to say, but still it's a good achievement given my habit of procrastination.

My eight fears, here it comes -
  1. Ophidiophobia (Fear of snakes): Right from the day I saw the picture of a snake (The King Cobra, if I remember it correct) in my kinder garden text book, I'm afraid of Snakes. But my fear never restricted me from watching a movie featuring snakes. (I love Anaconda series, you know.) I still remember how I had suffered from insomnia the night I saw the movie 'Neeya'. I was eleven years old then, and I saw a snake chasing me like hell in my dreams. Hmm, rather I should have paid heed to my mom's casual admonition. The insomnia I had that night made me to take a vow not to see any late night snakes-movies. My fear of snakes clings still, but I, however, don't buy in the concept of a snake vowing to avenge for the death of his/her beloved. Silly, I think.
  1. A Dream: Odd, it may sound for many, and usual, it may sound for quite a few [like me]. I have the fear of one particular dream, a dream that occurs to me often. In that dream, which I find to be atrocious, I end up in the examination hall to take my exam without preparing for it. Sometimes, I end up there after preparing for some other subject. Whatever be the case, I struggle, howl, and cry in the examination hall, and after few deadly, horrible minutes, I walk past the other talented mortals – who are busy puking whatever they had learnt the previous day on their respective answer sheets – to hand over my blank answer sheets to the invigilator who laugh, laugh, and merely laugh at me before throwing the answer sheets in the trash bin. Surprisingly, in my dreams, I always had to take Mathematics exam only! Poor Me. 
  1. Ghosts: To be frank, I’m not a believer of Ghosts, although I once was. But unfortunately the change in my belief doesn’t have any positive effect on my fear. And hence, I still have the fear of Ghosts. I will always, I guess. The only thing I can be proud of is, unlike my younger days when I was afraid of Ghosts if I had to go somewhere in the dark, things has changed for better now; of recent, I have the fear only when I have to cross a cemetery, and fortunately that happens very, very rare. Ghosts, save me!
  1. Roller coaster: What to say about this? “I’m not a kid to get a ride in it in the first place.” So with that excuse, I could escape from admitting my fear. But I do see people older than me by several years taking a ride and my friends (only a few) want to have some fun in it. And hence, when they ask me to accompany them, I’m pushed from inside to admit my fear. So here I’m, accepting my fear. Friends, if you ever happen to read this post, never, ever ask me to accompany you when you would want to have some fun in the Roller coaster. Because, I bet I won’t. 
  1. Dogs: To be precise, it should be the fear of ‘Dog-Bites’. If you are bitten by a dog, you have to take ‘n’ number of injections, or so was I told. Who would want it? I don’t. So I have this fear, this indelible fear whenever I see a dog, let alone a pack of them. I would pray God, at whatever time, I have to cross them. Lucky, I’m yet to get a bite from them, and hence my body is saved, so far, from that ‘n’ number of injections. Touch wood. 
  1. Losing my memory: Bad, if you happen to bump into your best friend somewhere and stroll as if you haven’t seen him, or as if he is a stranger. Worse, if you have to wake up at some strange place with some strangers around you and you don’t know who you are, where you are, let alone why you are there. I can’t imagine me in a situation like that. Maybe this fear grew in me ever since I saw the movie – Memento. Thanks to Christopher Nolan.
  1. Dystychiphobia (Fear of accidents): This is something that got attached to me in the past few years. I almost see an accident, mostly minor and at times major, everyday when I ride to/from my office. And whenever I do, this thought of me meeting an accident myself flashes in my mind. Enough said.
  1. God: Almost everyone (of course, who believes his existence) fear of him at some point of time in their life. Apparently, when they have to do something immorally. I grew up with the warning (given to me in my younger days) that I have been watched by God, and would lose my eye sight if I lie, or do any wrong, or do any harm to any individual. And as I was a firm believer in God, I had to believe it, and that developed a fear in me. Though I almost lost my trust in him lately, my fear is still rooted in me.
I do have other few trivial fears, but by good fortune, I have to list only eight in this post. So there, my third day post is done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This