Tuesday, September 27, 2011

3 years @ work


It’s been three years. Yesterday I started my 4th year at TCS. I just don’t want to say the good-old cliché “Three years went by like three minutes/seconds”, though I really feel it did. Neither on the day when I got recruited nor on the day when I entered the campus I wasn't sure I would be here for 3 whole years. Even today, I’m not sure I would complete my 4th year here, but who knows, I would do a post next year saying how excited I’m on completing my 4th year, and thereby getting the apparent promotion. That’s life after all, at least for me.

The past three years have been a great learning experience, both professionally and personally. I had faced a couple of hurdles on the way; otherwise it has been a smooth, flexible and favorable ride. I have been in two different projects so far, and each of them has taught me ample number of lessons that would help me grow better and better in the future.

All along the way I have met and been with different kinds of people – the good, the bad, and the ugly. Luckily, to make my ride pretty smooth, the last two categories had very few people in them. Nevertheless, even the bad and the ugly had been on their good at times, and I was kind of okay for being with them.

I have seen people cry (yes, trust me. I have seen the real tears. Thanks to those girls!), have seen people laugh. I have seen people being furious and arrogant. I have seen people caring and being humble. I have seen people who were very much committed, people who were, ironically, the other way, too. I have seen people who were passionate about what they do and what they have to do. There was one particular girl who topped all others in that regard. She was my inspiration, my booster and my whatnot. Honestly, I give her the compliment for what I’m today.

And I have tried my best to change the people who weren't committed, who weren't passionate, and who were cheerfully irresponsible. I was successful with few, and unsuccessful with others. Never mind, at least I tried.

I have had few greatest moments of my life. I have had few forgettable, regrettable moments as well. There were days that were nothing more than plain and simple; there were days that were exciting and challenging; there were days that were nothing less than being extremely funny. Not to forget, there were miserable days, too.

I have met people who were later to become my best friends, and thereby, an integral part of my life. They have done way too much to impress me that I would go to any extent to pay back them by any means. I have met people who love me for what I’m and people whom I love THE MOST!

I have had my golden days – not the days when I was recognized or appreciated for my work, but the days when I was really happy for doing as much help as I could offer to make my colleagues shine in their task. I was more than indulged to see them smile, and that gave me more satisfaction than the smile I got myself when I was appreciated.

I have had my dark days as well. Those days were real pain for me. It’s not that I couldn't handle the day to make it less gloomy, but I was doomed to face that. Personally I would say the third year was more horrifying (strictly not in professional terms).

From people, I have learnt how one should behave and how one shouldn't. I have studied the ways to motivate people to get the work done, to handle people in tough times, and not to disappoint or disrespect anyone.

Looking back at the three years, one thing that makes me feel happy is the fact I have grown with the help of others, and invariably, helped others grow. And I guess, that makes me complete in my career as yet.

SO FAR SO GOOD. Cheers to ME and the people who made me what I'm today!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Suresh!!! Cheers!!! missing u and our cubicle. missin the bourbon, hide n seek and little hearts days.. missin the silly fights.. and literally the back to back arguments and sametime chats.. i loved this post.. guess, u wrote about almost everything that happened in those three years.. life is a learning experience. we really grow n become better day by day. initially, i didn't like being in QA. but lookin back, it was one of the best things that happened in my life. I got some real nice friends whom i would cherish all my life. you, sneha ka, suji, ganesh, gowri, ashish and some more ppl in our team.. wishin u all success in whatever u do. but, i wish that u should not write a 4th year post.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Priya :-) And Yeah, I'm missing the arguments, too :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete

Share This