Saturday, September 3, 2011

10 days challenge - Day One


I have been thinking of doing this MEME ever since I saw it on some random blog that I stalk. Surprisingly, a couple of days before, my sister mailed me to do this. Co-incidence, maybe.

So here it is, my post for DAY ONE - Ten Secrets.

#01. I had to shed tears once for not scoring centum in my higher secondary mathematics examination. Mathematics, that's my the-most-favorite subject among all others. I would even take it easy had I not scored well in Geography (that comes close second to Mathematics), but I would go nuts had I missed a mark in Mathematics. In my twelfth grade, I never fixed, for myself, a total that I should score. But I always had the target of scoring 200 in Mathematics. To this day, whenever I think of the subject, I would only feel bad for not getting to my target. But on the day when I got my sixth semester results in which I got the top most grade in mathematics paper, I couldn't help but shed few tears thinking of twelfth Mathematics paper.

#02. I hate the idea of having pets [at my home]. I can’t even imagine my bubbly dog (or whatever it is) sleeping next to me in my bed, or he/she kissing me when I bid bye to him/her every day. But I don’t hate to see one at my friends’. *Hmm, not bad*

#03. I like travelling in bus at night. When all the lights are turned off save the blue one at the center of the bus, I will float in the feeling of euphoria. Most of my best dreams come during that travel. And for that reason I prefer travelling in bus to train, always.

#04. I’m a man of deep compassion. I have this compassion for people, even at the not-so-required-times. I feel pity on people whom I feel is less than me in any ways. For instance, assume a guy cleaning my table when I'm at a hotel, and if he has a piteous face, I would start to feel for him, for his state, and for his work. I would just think why the hell he should do this tedious job. Same is the case if I get to see an old man as a security anywhere – be it an ATM or a bank or a home, or if I get to see a beggar lying in an untidy place. I would start to ramble about it to my friend(s). Sometimes, I have been ridiculed for this act. Okay, call me shallow. I can’t help it.

#05. Be it a movie or the beach, I enjoy going alone. But it happens very rare; only when I want solitariness. I love to sit on the beach staring at the sea and the people around – to capture their activities in my mind. I love to watch a movie with my mind into the screen rather than talking or laughing out to my friends sitting next to me. In that regard, I hate someone questioning me or talking to me when I am sticking with the characters in the movie.

#06. I always responded otherwise whenever my mom asked me to do my P.G or any Master degree. But the fact is I really wish to do my higher studies, either MBA or M.S., abroad. My response to my mom was just because I feel I’m not ready for that yet. Hold on, does it sound like I’m not yet qualified or prepared technically? If so, rub that off; that’s not the case. Unfortunately, I'm tied up with other dreams that don’t let me move freely with the idea of doing higher studies.

#07. Everyone who knows me well also knows I’m a movie buff. It all started when I was into the college. If it was a Friday night, you could find me in a theatre. I don’t know how but it soon became our (I refer my gang of friends here) routine. Whether or not we had some work, whether or not we were bored, whether or not we had an exam next day, we would go for a movie if it was a Friday (because every new film releases on Friday unless a special occasion falls on any other days). I never told my parents about me going to a film in the Friday night call with them. Who would approve a movie every Friday? Okay, I don’t know about others, but I know my MOM won’t. My sisters know about this though. No it’s not a secret. The secret is I went to a movie at my hometown during my twelfth grade without informing my parents. I still remember how tensed I was all through the movie, tensed because of the fear of being caught. :-(

#08. I have made a girl cry. (Proud, does it sound? Nah, I say it with shame.) Yes, I did that, but unknowingly. By 'unknowingly', I imply I wasn't aware that my act (let it be secretive always) would make her cry. Well, in the past, I've made my sisters cry, not once or twice, but many a time. By then, I wasn't left with a guilty feeling, not even once. (I did feel bad a couple of times though, but never did I feel guilty.) Maybe, because I just did that for fun (they might have taken it a bit serious sometimes though). But the other day, when the girl cried, I felt really BAD and GUILTY. I will always add the incident to my top ten mistakes of all time.

#09. I’m not as good a person as many might think. And when I say it, I mean it. (Okay, now that doesn’t give anyone even a littlest chance to hate me! Beware!)

#10. I struggled a lot for the past couple of hours listing out my ten secrets. Geez, I don't have many secrets in me, I guess. Or maybe I don't have many secrets that can possibly fall in the category - "The Secret that can be shared [with anyone]".

Catch you tomorrow with my nine loves…

4 comments:

  1. May be a meaningless post for a not-a-friend-of-him but when you start reading it, I bet you will not stop until the last word! Keep inking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. u went to a movie without informin mom durin school days ...OMG!!!!!hav u revealed it to mom?????btw wat was de movie???and hey u aimed for centum in maths???i didnt know abt it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only once... hence, that's not a big deal.

    Yep, I aimed for it, sadly not achieved. :-(

    ReplyDelete

Share This